What is the Level 3 Award in Education and Training ?
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an essential introduction for anyone wanting to work and teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector. It is the ideal award for those with no previous teaching experience or qualifications, as well as those already working in the sector who would like to gain an official qualification.
What does it involve?
The duration of the course is approximately 6 weeks. Students will be required to perform a MicroTeach session as part of the course. You will need to draw up a lesson plan and use Skype to demonstrate the 15-30 minutes session. Alternatively you may record your MicroTeach and submit your audo-visual recording via DropBox or by posting a memory stick or DVD to our office.
There are 5 units within this course as follows;
- The roles and responsibilities of teachers in the lifelong learning sector
- Teaching and learning approaches in your specialist area
- Demonstrating session planning and delivery skills (MicroTeach session)
- Assessment and evaluation of learning
- Developing your reflective practice